SOME HISTORICAL PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN SLOGANS, RANKED
Ranked by cleverness, not how much I agree with their politics.
- 1.Tippeecanoe and Tyler TooThe Harrison/Tyler ticket. This one is so great. It rolls off the tongue like magic. It remains my all time favorite.
- 2.Grant Us Another TermUlysses S. Grant. Gotta love a good pun.
- 3.Keep Cool and Keep CoolidgeCalvin Coolidge. Basically a pun too.
- 4.I Like IkeSimple. Unforgettable.
- 5.It's Morning Again In AmericaRonald Reagan. Gives me the warm fuzzies.
- 6.Yes We CanObama. That video of the kiddies singing was pretty catchy.
- 7.Don't Trade Horses MidstreamLincoln. Sounds like reasonable advice.
- 8.Don't Swap Horses in MidstreamRoosevelt. Copying Lincoln. Again it sounds like solid advice but this time it also sounds like a guy who's desperate to have an unprecedented 4th term. It's a slippery slope.
- 9.A Chicken in Every Pot and a Car in Every GarageHerbert Hoover.
- 10.Roosevelt for Ex-PresidentWendell Wilkie (it didn't work.)
- 11.Not Just PeanutsJimmy Carter. Funny, but leaves a little something to be desired.
- 12.We Polked you in '44, we shall Pierce you in '52Franklin Pierce, (referring to the previous election of James K. Polk). This one is straight up creepy.