THINGS GROWING UP WITH 5 SIBLINGS HAS TAUGHT ME ABOUT PARENTHOOD
I'm the oldest of 6 kids. The youngest is currently 8 yrs old. Over the years I've thought a LOT about my future motherhood.
- •My children will never sleep in my bed.Life is too short to give up that one bit of quiet space with your spouse. Children already take over every other part of the house.
- •It is okay to be on your smartphone.As long as you're putting it down sometimes and giving them eye-contact attention. Don't feel guilty about it though. That phone might be your only means for adult interaction during a noisy night in with the kids.
- •Mess is a fact of life.
- •Sibling rivalry is a fact of life.
- •Older children and younger children will have separate bedtimes.Or maybe I just have a lot of opinions about bed time.
- •Stomp out bullying.
- •Don't take out anger over other things on them.It will confuse them.
- •Laugh with them every single day.
- •Disposable diapers are the bomb dot com.