THOUGHTS I HAVE WHILST ENDING A TEXT CONVERSATION
(But I still love texting, for the record)
- •Are they sick of talking yet?
- •I should probably just shut up
- •Maybe they want me to keep going. To show I care by keeping the convo going. Maybe they are dying to talk but don't want to bother me.
- •Am I bugging them?
- •Ooo, I just thought of something funny/quirky/witty/serious to tell them
- •But maybe I should wait until later
- •It's been 12 minutes and they haven't said anything....probably a signal they're done.
- •Wait! They said one last thing.
- •Should I just give a one word or emoji response, to signal that I'll chill if they're through talking?
- •Or I could say nothing and let them be the last person to have said something.This gives me the a weird sense of control and power
- •Nope. Couldn't contains myself. I sent a whole sentence.
- •Now THEY can end it without saying anything, making me the last one to talk.
- •Ugh. Now I feel like the clingy friend.
- •Yep, I'm the one with the last response. They hold all the power. What is life.