FRIDAY THE 13TH IS NOT THE RIGHT DAY TO FLY
for those of you who don't follow me on twitter, buckle up. you are in for a TREAT.
- •so, my flight out of maui was supposed to leave at 11 pm last night.
- •at five pm, i get a TEXT MESSAGE, letting me know my flight's been delayed, oh, NINE HOURS.
- •like, see you at 8 am! sorry you have nowhere to sleep tonight!
- •oh, and with the new flights, i'd be missing my cousin's wedding.
- •so, lots of haggling with delta later, they book a flight to portland instead of LA through a joint flight with another airline. FINE, SURE.
- •go to the other airline to check bags:$75 dollars a bag because they were heavy and apparently delta status that waives all bag fees doesn't apply.
- •cut to now, sitting in the PDX airport, where i see a flight with available seats leaves in an hour.
- •...but are unavailable because they're first class.
- •so here i sit.
- •for six more hours.
- •i'm going to make it to my cousin's wedding.
- •but i'm not sure i'll be conscious.