Cities in which I have had mishaps with public transportation!
Public transportation can be stressful....especially in a foreign country.
- •Washington DCMy wallet fell out of my bag. Someone turned it into lost and found minus my cash!
- •ParisThe doors started to close and my 8 year old was not off the train yet. He did not see the urgency of hurrying! I grabbed him and jerked him off!
- •AmsterdamThe tram was so crowded. At our stop, my 10 year old and I jumped off. The tram started going and my husband and 8 year old were not able to get through the crowd to get off. When my son and I hopped back on the next tram, the conductor asked for our tickets. I didn't have my son's ticket and I had no money. Thankfully, he had mercy!
- •BerlinWe were taking the bullet train to Berlin via a regional train from Kaiserslautern to Mannheim. We had one transfer stop. We got off at the wrong stop. We had to find a different connector to get us to Mannheim. The platform was dead! No one around to translate! Somehow, we managed to make it within minutes!!!
- •RomeWe had tickets from Viterbo to Rome. As newbies, we didn't know we had to validate our tickets before getting on the train. At our stop, a conductor checked our tickets and told us we had to pay full price again. We refused, and jumped off!