Things I learned while selling concessions at my middle schooler's field day
- •Middle schooler's are very picky with their Gatorade favors!They distinguish between light blue, bright blue, and dark blue.
- •Middle schooler's LOVE hot chips!All hot chips-hot Funyuns, hot Cheetos, hot Doritos!!
- •Middle schooler's carry big amounts of cash!I was shocked at the number of $20s each kid had! When I was in middle school, I had to steal change out of my dad's change jar!
- •Middle schooler's CAN be very polite and they are eager to help if asked!I was called ma'am all day! Also, if I asked one kid to help carry something heavy, three more volunteered!
- •Once kids get to middle school, the parents stop volunteering!We had 8 parents and 800 students. It was really sad!
- •Lastly, my sixth grader is the most confident kid I have ever seen!I noticed him alone (playing games) all day. I asked where his friends were and he said they were with their girlfriends or playing a game he didn't want to play. He would rather do things he enjoys alone than watching his friends do stuff he doesn't enjoy!