Things I told my kid I thought when he didn't call me after school.
I forgot to tell my middle schooler that I would not be home when he got home from school. I left a note for him to call me, but he didn't. I decided to guilt him when I got home so I told him that I thought he....
- •Couldn't get the key to work, so he had to sit outside waiting for me in the 90 degree Alabama heat.
- •Fell and broke his leg and he couldn't crawl to the phone
- •Someone read the note (taped to the door) and took him
- •Went knocking on all the neighbors doors and they were calling CPS on me.
- •None of these worked. He shrugged and gave me a half-hearted, "Sorry."