INAPPROPRIATE THINGS PEOPLE ASK WHEN THEY SEE YOU ARE ENGAGED
These are all real. (Some) people are dicks.
- •I'm invited, right?Various acquaintances, most of whom are kidding but it still feels awkward. Also, some are not kidding at all.
- •Are your parents paying?Tacky question regardless of the answer.
- •Are you pregnant? (I got this one a bunch)Suggested by @Grosstastic
- •Am I going to be a bridesmaid?I heard someone ask this and was like PLEASE STOPSuggested by @ruddybuddy
- •Are you fighting a lot with your mom?I'm not, but again, tacky question.
- •I really think you should ask people to donate to charity instead of registering, don't you already have everything you need?From someone for whom I previously bought a wedding gift, a shower gift, and recently a baby gift.
- •Aren't you a little old for bridesmaids?I am younger than Maya Rudolph in Bridesmaids and also fuck you.
- •Are you going to lose weight before the wedding?The worst was when a waitress asked me if I was dieting after my dinner companion said "she just got engaged!" I said no and ordered a burger and fries to spite her, then felt ashamed that she made me care.
- •When's your last day [of work]?Asked by a writer I work with in front of the entire writing staff and studio executives. I thought (but did not say) "After yours."