MY OCEAN'S 11 CREW FOR THIS WEEKEND: LADIES EDITION
Since it's de rigeur these days to announce a distaff version of beloved films, I'm putting a female spin on @joshbard's awesome list.
- •Parvati Shallow: mastermind.Parvati won Survivor once and played a kick-ass game all three times she competed. She's got a lethal combination of brains, brawn, and social genius...she'll not only draw up the plans for the heist, she'll sweet-talk the guard into unlocking the vault.
- •Tina Fey: in charge of keeping everyone from freaking out.I feel like Tina would be very calming in a crisis.
- •Dominique Moceanu: for all the flippy and flexible stuff.And because she must be dying for someone to ask her to do something. Seriously, what happened to her? She was adorable!
- •Katniss Everdeen: archer (you know, when we inevitably need to shoot a wire across a long distance).Pros: high probability of survival. Cons: doesn't play well with others, strong PTSD, kind of has a God complex.
- •Elizabeth and Jessica Wakefield: for all the "how is one person in two places at once?!" hijinks.Also because Jessica would totally bring the booze. Every good casino heist involves booze, don't they?
- •Britney Spears: Vegas connections.Pitbull ain't got nothing on Britney...Miss Spears if you're nasty.
- •Amal Clooney: Carmen Sandiego.Because we're all agreed they're the same person now, right? (Thanks to @carlyewisel's amazing list, go read it if you haven't). Amal/Carmen is a master of disguise and can help the rest of us (MAKEOVER MONTAGE!!).
- •Beyoncé: because if you have the option to include Beyoncé, ALWAYS INCLUDE BEYONCÉ.This is a little-known corollary to "Ray, when someone asks you if you're a God, you say yes!"
- •Matt Damon: Matt Damon in a wig.Cons: this list is meant to be ladies only. Pros: Matt Damon in a wig.