WHAT ARE YOU READING?
I'm about to go away and need a deep bench of non-work-related reading. I know this group is going to have awesome ideas, so please suggest away!
- •For context, last three books I read:The Girl on the Train (good thriller, Gone Girl comparisons are overblown though), Revival (newish Stephen King, which I liked but isn't his best recent effort - that's 11/22/63 if you care), Americanah (almost done, really enjoying). I am a literary glutton. If you liked it, I want to read it.
- •All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony DoerrSuggested by @gabimoskowitz
- •Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Year of Pilgrimmage by Haruki MurakamiMaybe the most beautiful physical object of a book I can remember purchasing. Just started it. I'm not a Murakami person especially - tried a couple, neutral feelings - but this one looked so appealing and so far reads very appealingly, too.Suggested by @bjnovak
- •Wolf in White Van by John Darnielle (The Mountain Goats)This book is truly a work of art. It's innovative and beautiful and so lyrical. Read it so we can talk about it.
- •Station Eleven by Emily St. John MandelShakespeare and the end of the world. I cried on the subway.
- •Going Clear by Lawrence WrightBecause sometimes truth can be as good as fiction, and Scientology is crazzzzy
- •An Unnecessary Woman by Rabih AlameddineI love antiheroes, especially when they're women. Cranky old lady plus an unusual setting. So good.
- •White Teeth, by Zadie SmithSuggested by @LevNovak
- •Single, Carefree, Mellow by Katherine HeinyLady story collections are killing it. This book magical and funny and so true. Fave book of 2015 (so far)