I am a feminist because...
I'm not one of those crazy "feminist" that wants to burn her bra. I just believe that just because I was born a female I am no less a person than a man.
- •I had no say over what gender I was born.
- •I was raised by a man who taught my sister and I that we could be and do whatever we wanted no matter what.
- •I was raised in a church that celebrated women in pastoral and leadership positions.I had a female youth pastor, female intern, and my friend's mom would regularly preach to the congregation on Sunday mornings.
- •I currently attend a church where my pastor encourages, celebrates, and supports women in all leadership aspects of the church.Not just children's and women's ministries.
- •Jesus used women to spread the message of ChristE.I. The woman at the Well
- •I have chosen some strong female role models to follow.
- •I am a teacher and I have young girls looking to me as an example. I want them to know and believe they can do and be anything they want to be and there is nothing stopping them.
- •Someone fought for my right to vote.