5 THINGS YOU MAY HAVE MISSED AT PARIS FASHION WEEK
You’re not at PFW? Me neither. But you know what they say: “Stop turning my quotes into clichés!” They also say, “It’s always Paris somewhere.” So let’s pretend it’s right here, right now.
- •Rick Owens showed human backpacks for Spring 16The real genius of his homo sapien school supply carriers, however, was in his use of the human as papoose-meets-fannypack, too. Not only do these live accessories appeal to the Crossfit generation (people are heavy!) they will appeal to those struggling to multitask: a Rick Owens backpack has your literal back — so long as it’s not asleep, it’s always ready to lend a hand.
- •Flash Tats have absolutely no end in sightAnyone who showed up to the Tuileries on September 30 during the ~*golden hour*~ aka, the OG of photo filters, got painted in gold to celebrate makeup artist Pat McGrath’s limited edition pigment, set to hit her website at the end of this month.
- •Sinead O’Connor Head is happeningFirst on Ruth Bell for Saint Laurent’s Cruise 16 collection, then again on the streets of Paris. Three’s a trend.
- •The Row showed spring weather along with their Spring 16 collectionSorcery. (The collection was beautiful, but New York says hi — miss u.)
- •Speaking of Sorcery, wizard horses are trendingA long-maned gray horse stole the Jacquemus show. Before we get into an awkward Karen Smith-esque situation where you counter that the horse is white, kindly note that horses are technically gray unless they are albino, unless-unless this is actually Nero, the Rare White Friesian (who is still, technically, gray). I think this is a Lipizzan, though.