NYFW TRENDS TO KNOW
Ruffle your feathers and hold on to your buttons: this is a runway party of earring'd proportions!
- •Buttons that reachToggle loops without the Paddington Bear buttons; an elegant way to show skin in moderation; a fantastic fashion hack for too-tight clothes.
- •Swimsuits for the streetTrust: these are the new wardrobe staple, great for high waist trousers but more than okay to sling low below the hip holes.
- •Fringe for the pun of itThe fabric doesn't matter so long as it shimmies as you shake.
- •Chic schlubbing for when you're over and under itYou can be overwhelmed, and you can be underwhelmed, but can you ever be just...whelmed? Your pants can be paired with a tunic a la Portland post-grunge circa 10 Things I Hate About You.
- •Paper bag your pants even if you don't pack a lunchYou can try this now if you own a pair of trousers two sizes too big and a belt that fastens tight.
- •Carwash skirts for the 1-2 punchLength that lets your legs breathe for once.
- •Thanksgiving pants to wear to Sunday brunchNew York wants you to relax -- and who are you to argue with New York? It's the next wave of athleisure: let's call it couch-core.
- •Waists that dip low with prideA rebellion against the 70s; the 2000s are officially back.
- •Shoestring laces with nothing to hideThey're exposed and they don't care who knows it. Corset-up.
- •Slits that'll make you shave your upper thighOr not -- these slits are so sexy they may empower you to do just the opposite.
- •Dresses that are as much of a catch as you areThey cast a wide net if you're in the market for a cool update on the summer dress.
- •Dangling earrings so others h(ear) you roarAnd even if they can't hear, they'll be able to see. These baubles are bold.
- •Something to slip into for day or bedIt doesn't matter where you're going so long as whatever you're in plays the coy role of, "I just threw this on."
- •Clothes that embrace the beauty of loose endsDoesn't every startup owner say that nothing gets done if you're too tied up in the details?
- •And ruffles fit for a queen -- which concludes our trends!Big in New York, bigger in London. Who wants to bet they're going to straight up explode in Milan? See you there...