How to Stay Less Stressed in College
I've had my share of panic attacks, and this is what worked for me
- •Get a plannerGet the one with the hours in the day, that way you know you have plenty of time to do what you need to do without being overwhelmed
- •Get a small journal and write a To Do list every dayThat way you get your tasks done and feel good about what you accomplished every day
- •ExerciseJust release all that tension for at least 30 minutes every day
- •Don't study in bulkIt's just not gonna help, I promise
- •Instead, study for a little bit and then take a short break. Then study, then take a short breakYour brain will remember more this way
- •SleepNot getting enough rest will ruin you
- •EatDon't forget to make time for breakfast and actually eat dinner at a reasonable time
- •Eat somewhat healthyThat midnight run to whataburger is not gonna make you feel good. You don't have to eat a full-on salad, but try chicken instead of beef or something
- •Read your bibleI cannot stress how good it feels to just meditate and give it all to God. Forget your deadlines and just vent to him, thank him, worship him..
- •See your friendsIt can't possibly be healthy to lock yourself in your room to study. Study with your friends, or hang out with them after a test to just have fun
- •Soothing lotion/body washIdk if this actually works, but I got a lavender body lotion and wash. Lavender supposedly releases tension? It smells good.
- •Find something you love to doMine is writing/reading/dancing Zumba. I'd write a little something when I needed inspiration, read when I had time, and danced Zumba to get moving
- •Remember that grades and tests are not the entire purpose of life. Don't let it take you over