Songs That Made a Big Impact on Me the First Time I Heard Them
And I vividly remember the first time I heard them.
- •Helplessness Blues by Fleet FoxesDays Inn hotel room before the first day of my first SXSW festival. I cried the second time I listened to it, which was several weeks after the festival, and one of biggest regrets is not seeing their show that year.
- •A Favor House Atlantic by Coheed and CambriaIn my living room in college. I saw them do a live acoustic performance during the credits of another show and obsessively looked them up until I figured out who they were.
- •Ironic by Alanis MorissetteOver the intercom system at the Fort Hood PX shopping for school clothes. I was about to be in the 6th grade.
- •No Such Thing by John MayerI saw the music video on TRL I believe. I was instantly hooked and defend John Mayer until this day.
- •Cry Me A River by Justin TimberlakeMy car in the parking lot at Eastern Hills Middle School waiting to pick up my sister. It was pouring down rain.