Already on li.st? Open in app.
My favourite thing about emoji is how they mean slightly different things to different people. So here's what I'm really saying.
- •😊I'm happy but I don't want to be dramatic about it.
- •😬I should be embarrassed about this but I'm kind of not
- •🙃My life is so weird
Some more secret than others. I just like surprises!
- •A new Pinterest account for Super Cute Kawaii ✔️This was only a secret because I didn't want anyone to follow it while I repinned 2000 images from the old board we were using.
- •My August paper craft tutorial ✔️Ice cream! Published today. A Year of Paper Craft Projects ✂️
- •A collaboration zine with one of my best friendsWe've been talking about it for years and I think it's actually going to print this weekend!
Stuff I use a lot
- •Pentel sign pensFor general writing. So happy to finally have the full set of colours 🌈
- •Favourite pens and pencilsL-R: drawing pen, adorable Sumikko Gurashi mechanical pencil (mostly for photos), Rilakkuma pencil, pop-up Sharpie
- •Coloured pencils - mostly Durer, sorry Caran D'achePencil sharpeners are for losers - a knife is much better.
I was in Oban for a week with my family and we had the best time. So many amazing views so close to home.
- •Oban harbourThe first evening was glorious - if Scotland was like this all summer no one would go abroad.
- •Oban marinaFirst ferry pic of the week.
- •InverarayLudicrously pretty
Inspired by everyone. Someone should cross reference these in a database for future use.
- •Visiting JapanI have written three pretty successful guide books after all
- •Kawaii characters / brands
- •The Apollo moon missionsThis came up in the final of Pointless recently and I got three pointless answers without even thinking too hard
This was my dad's idea of a fun birthday outing - a two hour walk in the rain. And it was fun!
- •Kerrera is a little island just off the mainland near Oban. You take this tiny ferry.One of my favourite UK road signs there too.
- •It can only take 12 peopleIt was just us and the postie
- •There's basically nothing on Kerrera except sheep, cows, a handful of people and a cafe.It was very wet and windy but look at that turquoise water!
I went to Hyper Japan in London for the first time earlier this month and it was so much fun! It's a big Japanese culture and kawaii event.
- •I was a VIP 🌟It was just supposed to be a press pass but this made us seem much cooler.
- •Harajuku fashion show with KurebayashiShe's a Japanese model/singer/artist and put together outfits for all different fashion styles that are popular in Japan. Everyone was so kawaii.
- •I got a pin of her too
I was looking through my photos and apparently I do this a lot. Also I was really ill this weekend and need a reminder that food is not out to kill me.
- •Today's ice cream (coffee)
- •Strawberries 🍓
- •Tiny courgette
Kew Gardens is a big botanical garden in London that's been around since 1789!
- •It wasn't supposed to rain but it did quite a bit. I didn't mind too much as it was quieter and not too hot.Also I wouldn't have been able to take this lovely photo without the rain!
- •We ate some cake (I had lemon and courgette - it was really nice!) and then hid in the glass houses for the worst of it.
- •So much colour!
Inspired by @Diplomatic_diva and everyone else
- •New Balance trainersThese were expensive for me but still going strong 18 months later! I love the colour combination.
- •Teva sandalsI wear sandals for a surprisingly large percentage of the year, considering I live in Scotland. These are a bit ugly but really walkable.
- •BirkenstocksI've had these forever - maybe 10 years? Great for a quick run to the post office or putting the bins out.