Already on li.st? Open in app.
Inspired by a mini nerd out I had on Twitter at the weekend.
- •The USSR Zond 5 capsule that contained 2 tortoises who were the first moon travelers to return safely to Earth.Tortoise astronaut pals! Space tortoises on the moon! BFF tortoises reminiscing about their Moon mission. Generations of baby tortoises growing up hearing about their space faring ancestors! An alternate universe where all our space exploration was done by tortoises! I just can't cope with any of this. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zond_5
- •The Lego minifigs of Jupiter, Juno and Galileo aboard the Juno probe currently orbiting Jupiter.And people say NASA have no sense of humour. https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/juno/news/lego20110803.html
- •The Russian space shuttleThey spent billions on it because they thought the US shuttle had secret weaponry and then it only flew in space once. I could watch a ten hour documentary about this and the abandoned cosmodrome. http://uk.businessinsider.com/photos-of-russian-abandoned-space-shuttles-by-ralph-mirebs-2015-6
Amaziograph is an iPad app that lets you easily create kaleidoscopes and repeats. It's so relaxing to play with! I just use it for fun but here's some I thought were worth saving.
Inspired by @macnchz. We have zero airlines in common!
- 1.Virgin AtlanticMy first and third trips to Japan. This was my first long haul flight and gave me unrealistic future expectations. You get adorable free socks and Japanese films and bento boxes and green tea! I saved up thousands of air miles for my last trip and then they stopped flying to Japan 😫 (I now have enough for a free flight to America but I can't go since your awful president hates tourists, privacy and electronic devices)
- 2.All Nippon Airways(I did not get to fly on the Pokémon plane). We tried this on our second Japan trip for a change and it was a little disappointing after VA but still pretty great. Lovely Japanese staff and a help yourself snack bar.
- 3.FlyBeTiny UK city hopping planes. I've done Glasgow to Birmingham for a music festival and Glasgow to Belfast, twice. The Birmingham plane was super tiny and the only time I've ever found flying scary, when we hit some turbulence.
I just moved them to a new cork board because I filled up the last frame! I'm slightly addicted 😬 If you want to know where to get a specific pin, just ask!
- •Ghost Party! 👻👻👻They're all trying to cheer up the sad ghost.
- •Space 🚀I have not been to space camp but I have been to Tsukuba.
- •Japan 🗻
Such a happy request ❤️ I just went round my house so this is pretty random.
- 1.Bunny mugI went all the way to Nagoya for this mug and it was totally worth it.
- 2.Bunny bowl🐰🐰🐰
- 3.Bunny vaseAs horrible as the bunny lamp smashing incident was, my blood ran cold when I realised it could have just as easily been my vase. This is irreplaceable as she no longer makes them.
Since @andersun asked
- •Amusement with a side of schadenfreudeThat Theresa May gambled her majority government with a fixed term until 2020 and an enormous poll lead and it all blew up in her face. I haven't enjoyed an election night so much since 1997 (Blair's Labour landslide)
- •HappinessThat people ignored the media's hate campaign against Jeremy Corbyn and voted for socialist policies in large numbers.
- •PrideFor all the 18-24 year olds who came out and turned the whole thing around. Angry politicised youth is exactly what we need right now.
I'm doing another Instagram daily photo challenge all about colour! As with the last one, I'll update here once a week. If you want to see new pics daily I'm marcelinesmith on IG.
- 1.Favourite ColourMine is yellow. It's so cheerful on gloomy days and yellow flowers are the best. 🌼☀️🌻💛
- 2.From the wardrobeI have an open rail so I can enjoy my clothes even when I'm not wearing them. As you can see, I like t-shirts, bright colours, patterns and stripes! Fun fact: this is my entire spring/summer wardrobe - only trousers, a few cardigans and a little bit of laundry are elsewhere.
- 3.On my deskI'm one of those awful people who keep their desk tidy so here's a look inside my washi tape box! Too many kawaii designs that I will never be willing to use.
Not that much really - I've been busy.
- •Star Wars RebelsThis is good! The new characters are all pretty great and there's lots of classic Star Wars villains.
- •The Red TurtleI found a crab gif! I still have the main soundtrack theme stuck in my head nearly a week later so it's safe to say this made an impression on me. Whatever you do, don't watch the spoilery trailer - watching the story unfold so unexpectedly was one of the best things about it.
- •The Good WifeI watched the whole thing in nine weeks! It was a lot of fun with some brilliant recurring guest stars. I loved it a lot until the back end of S5 when it turned into the very repetitive Alicia story. The only things keeping me watching after that were Alan Cumming's facial reactions and Diane's outfits. The gifs li.st shows are disappointing - someone do a list.
- 1.IKEA foldable bikeI didn't have a bike for years as I lived on the top floor with no garden, then I met a client with a foldable IKEA bike (they were gifts to staff one Christmas). I tasked my mum with finding me something similar and she actually found an IKEA one! It's still pretty heavy but I used it a lot until I got nerve damage in my hand. Now I'm only one floor up so hopefully I can get back on it soon. It gets a LOT of comments (even without the cat)
- 2.My mum's old bikeIt was orange with a purple wicker basket and back-pedal brakes. I much prefer back-pedal brakes and wish they were more of a thing here. This bike was so cool I forgive it for being involved in two of my three scars (plus a near-concussion when I fell off the back as a toddler). I'm sad to say that no photos seem to exist.
- 3.This one that I don't remember but there are a lot of photos of it and I look really happy?I'm on the right. That is my childhood home behind us - we did basically live in a castle, though in the least castley part round the back.
I felt like I had missed the boat on this topic as everyone's have been so good but a list request cannot be ignored!
- 1.Writing regularly in a positive space makes you a better writerI'm so much more confident in my writing and it's led to some exciting new opportunities ✨
- 2.Lists are the perfect way to get your thoughts downIt has really helped with my blogging and other writing. Start with a list and expand!
- 3.Change is scary and sometimes bad but it's not going to stop so you might as well just consider it a new challenge and find a way to make it work.