A walk around the Isle of Kerrera
This was my dad's idea of a fun birthday outing - a two hour walk in the rain. And it was fun!
- •Kerrera is a little island just off the mainland near Oban. You take this tiny ferry.One of my favourite UK road signs there too.
- •It can only take 12 peopleIt was just us and the postie
- •There's basically nothing on Kerrera except sheep, cows, a handful of people and a cafe.It was very wet and windy but look at that turquoise water!
- •It was quite a trudge in driving rain up steep hills on rocky paths.The cafe had helpfully put up encouraging signs along the way - next stop cake!
- •Of course the sun came out once we made it to the cafe.We ate in a byre and it was very nice but we were so hungry and tired we forgot to take any photos.
- •Since it wasn't actually raining any more we did the extra walk to see Gylen Castle.
- •Worth it! This photo is so #ScotlandIt was also really windy so we didn't go any further.
- •The walk back was downhill and much more pleasantAbandoned house
- •There were some entertaining sheep
- •Oban in the distance (on the left)
- •We could see the ferry coming and just made it in timeBut it was full! They came straight back for us though.
- •On the ferryIt was actually too hot now and we had all taken our coats off. Typical Scottish weather 🌦
- •And off it goes again 👋