Adventures in hand sewing
I love sewing by hand and have been trying out lots of different stitched crafts over the years.
- •Tapestry / NeedlepointTapestry is my current favourite. It's super easy and wool is so nice to stitch with. I designed this pattern myself after a horrible experience with a kit.
- •Cross stitch on woodI designed a Christmas pudding ornament kit with my cross stitching business pal Claire. This was my first time with cross stitch and it's really quick and easy.
- •Long stitchSimilar to tapestry but the stitches are different lengths. This is a pillow kit with a Bargello pattern, which was very relaxing to stitch.
- •Close up of the design. It has such a nice silky finish.
- •Cross stitchI made initial pocket mirrors for my mum and my dad's partner. I mostly enjoyed the back stitch border so blackwork is on my list to try soon.
- •EmbroideryThis is a pocket koala from Mollie Johanson's embroidery book Stitch Love 🐨 I've been sewing felt things for years but my embroidery needs more practice.
- •Cross stitch biscornu pincushionFrom a kit I bought in Japan. I still don't really like cross stitch but it is easy and fast. This turned out so cute!
- •SashikoA traditional Japanese stitch for strengthening fabric. I just started this kit and I love it! It's very different - you load stitches on to a long needle and then pull them all through together.
- •When it's finished it should look like this!You may be noticing a theme here 🐰❤️🐰❤️🐰