Airlines I Have Flown, Ranked ✈️
Inspired by @macnchz. We have zero airlines in common!
- •Virgin AtlanticMy first and third trips to Japan. This was my first long haul flight and gave me unrealistic future expectations. You get adorable free socks and Japanese films and bento boxes and green tea! I saved up thousands of air miles for my last trip and then they stopped flying to Japan 😫 (I now have enough for a free flight to America but I can't go since your awful president hates tourists, privacy and electronic devices)
- •All Nippon Airways(I did not get to fly on the Pokémon plane). We tried this on our second Japan trip for a change and it was a little disappointing after VA but still pretty great. Lovely Japanese staff and a help yourself snack bar.
- •FlyBeTiny UK city hopping planes. I've done Glasgow to Birmingham for a music festival and Glasgow to Belfast, twice. The Birmingham plane was super tiny and the only time I've ever found flying scary, when we hit some turbulence.
- •British Airways internalGlasgow to London loads of times. Landing in London City airport is so cool as it's really central. The flights are often delayed but you used to get a full meal on a 90 minute flight! Nowadays it's just a snack but like fancy shortbread.
- •KLMGlasgow to Amsterdam doing family stuff with my mum and sister. We got free snacks, otherwise unexceptional.
- •BuzzGlasgow to Bergerac, France visiting my mum. Now-defunct low cost airline by KLM. These were really cute little yellow planes and Bergerac airport is so tiny.
- •British Airways internationalI booked my last trip to Japan through ANA but it was a sneaky codeshare and hellish with zero Japanese stuff. Really cramped (and I'm short!), inedible food and the check-in site kept crashing. Also the people next to me got up once each during a 12 hour flight so I always had to be the one making everyone move for me. Never again.
- •EasyJetAberdeen to London Luton for reasons I can't recall. This was actually quite fun in the early days when tickets cost £10. However, Luton is nowhere near London and requires a bus and a train so it's not worth it now that tickets cost a lot more.
- •RyanairMy only time flying from Prestwick (Glasgow's inferior airport, actually in Ayr). I went to London for a day with my friends during a £1 ticket sale. Just don't, ever. Like easyJet but lacking any charm. I stayed overnight with my sister and it snowed and I got the day off work as my flight home was cancelled!
- •Whatever airline it was I flew to Thailand withIt was a codeshare so I ended up on a Chinese airline to Taipei. I almost missed my flight as their information was so useless. The only good thing I remember was watching a Chinese film about a girl who liked boxing and a boy who liked crochet. On the way back I had the worst cold of my life and I'm sure I'm #1 in someone's list of worst people they've ever sat next to on a flight. SORRY.
- •Bonus! Here's a drawing of me in my plane outfit including Virgin Atlantic socksThey have a plane flying across your toes ✈️