DECORATING WITH MAPS 🗺
I love looking at old maps and would like to live in the National Geographic archives when I retire. Could someone arrange that?
- •Expedit unit doors I covered with decals I made from scanning my 1920s maps of the Arctic and Antarctic
- •I love these maps so much! Especially that huge unexplored area.
- •1950s map of the South Pacific in the hallwayI have been known to pause here regularly to look at all the tiny islands.
- •How much do we all want to live on the Danger Islands?
- •1950s automobile map of North East Scotland in my bedroomI'm originally from a fishing village up on the coast, I went to university in Aberdeen and my parents both still live in the area. Now I live 5 hours away, so it's nice to remember.
- •Railroad map of the continental United States above my bedI refer to this embarrassingly often as I know very little US geography.
- •It also has the best logo. I want this on a t-shirt.
- •It hasn't aged well, but I decoupaged a bookcase with transport maps when I was about 18 and thought it was super cool.My fox slippers are definitely super cool though.
- •Not really a map, but this is a plan of my childhood home, drawn up by my dad when they moved in.I have so many happy memories of that house. It had battlements!
- •And books, of courseThis is my favourite, full of illustrated maps. Everyone I've shown it to has been mesmerised.
- •I only wish I had a globe 🌍But I want an old one and they're hard to find.
- •Update: I found a globe!It's from 1997 so I'd still like an older one but I'm very happy to finally have one.