Our second Winter Walk (and the last one for a while as I promptly got a cold and came home to hibernate)
- •Dunnottar Castle is a ruined medieval fortress near AberdeenIt's out on the edge of steep cliffs by the sea and pretty epic looking
- •To get there you have to go down hundreds of steps and then climb up loads more steps
- •Not the easiest climb!
- •Once you get on top of the cliff there are ruins everywhere, mostly dating from the 14th - 16th centuries
- •The views from the windows are pretty amazing
- •That's the war memorial up there
- •As are the layers of ruins through ruins
- •The Smithy
- •We got a bit lost on the way out but found the actual Lion's Den and this beautiful panorama
- •And then it was back up all the stairsWe were hoping for pretty sunset photos but the cliffs face east
- •Definitely worth visiting!