EVERYTHING I LOVE ABOUT SPACE
(according to things in my home). This was such a tough request @Veronique - I hope you like it!
- •Space ShuttlesI got into space stuff during the 80s and the space shuttle is still everything to me. I'm currently saving to go to the US so I can finally see one with my own eyes.
- •Arecibo messageI have been obsessed with this since I saw it in a book as a kid. It was sent into space to tell any aliens all about Earth. Look it up! I made one out of perler beads because that's the sort of thing I do.
- •The Solar SystemThe universe is too ginormous for my brain to deal with. I'm still happy hanging out with my old friends.
- •SaturnIs there anything more beautiful than Saturn? Is there anything more amazing than this doormat I designed?
- •PlanetsI love that they all have their own individual astounding features and personalities. I thought about this too much when designing this pattern. Yes, Neptune does have a trident. He needs it to keep Pluto out of his orbit.
- •The MoonIt doesn't surprise me that humans worshipped the Moon. It's more surprising that we manage to do anything other than stare at the full Moon. Also a bunny lives there (I love bunnies!)
- •ExplorationI'm so grateful to live in a time where space probes basically email us amazing photos from billions of miles away.
- •HubbleWe also live in a time when humans built a space telescope to look back in time and photograph other galaxies. It was a pretty good idea.
- •RocketsMy main disappointment with space travel is that it doesn't look as cool as rockets and spaceships were supposed to. Tintin's rocket is still the ideal for me.
- •AdventuresThe Apollo missions are some of the greatest stories that exist, and they're all true! A Man on the Moon is one of my favourite books ever. The HBO series is excellent too. I should do a list.
- •Design50s space design is my favourite - so iconic! I bought these purely for the covers and even recreated the one on the left so I could hang it on my wall.
- •TechnologyI love that the reality of building space ships is cobbling together whatever works and not the sleek and shiny stuff of sci-fi movies. 80s space guy still gets the job done.
- •PhysicsI am terrible at maths so a career in space science was never a possibility. I still took some physics modules in college because it all blows my mind.
- •ImaginationAll those awesome books, films, TV shows and character designs inspired by space. Especially Futurama.
- •DreamsWho doesn't dream of being in space? I always wanted to be an astronaut but all I have is a mini-me with a Lego space shuttle.