FAVOURITE FIVE OF 2015: FILMS
- •WhiplashSo intense. I had to stop this briefly half way through because of art school flashbacks. I had a (much less violent and scary) tutor who also believed extreme criticism would make us bounce back and prove him wrong but we just ended up demoralised with no confidence. Amazing film though.
- •The MartianAlmost as good as the book and the Martian landscapes looked amazing.
- •The Tale of the Princess KaguyaThe story was kind of all over the place but it was amazing to look at, like a watercolour sketch come to life.
- •We Are The Best!3 girls in 1980s Stockholm form a punk band and get up to the usual teenage stuff: fighting over the boys in a local punk band, dealing with embarrassing parents and general boredom and hijinks. So good.
- •Star Wars: The Force AwakensI love Star Wars, I love JJ Abrams and this pushed all my buttons and brought a single tear to my eye. It was just as enjoyable the second time too.