FREE THINGS TO DO AROUND NORTH EAST SCOTLAND
I've been visiting my family for 4 days and this is what we got up to. The weather has been 🌤🌥☀️🌨🌤🌥🌦🌨🌥☀️🌤
- •Admire the Cairngorms on the journey up
- •Culloden BattlefieldThe visitor centre has a cover charge but you can walk around the battlefield for free.
- •Memorial cairn at CullodenThis weekend it was 270 years since the last pitched battle on British soil.
- •Knockando Wool MillA working mill that's completely free with really nice staff and a great cafe.
- •We got to watch the weaving machines making blanketsThere's a video on my Instagram if you're interested - I'm marcelinesmith there
- •Try to capture snowy Ben RinnesWe got very muddy trying to photograph this from a distillery building site entrance. It was at least ten times prettier than it looks.
- •Huntly CastleThere's a charge to go inside, but you can look at the outside as much as you like.
- •Boyne CastleA hidden ruin that can only be accessed at certain times of the year. We were knee deep in wet vegetation the whole time but it was worth it.
- •Here's the newest resident - my mumThis was her birthday request 👋
- •Visit the ducks at Mill of TowieThey were hilarious
- •And then spend all the money you saved on cakeChocolate orange for me, thanks.