AKA New Year's Eve. It's such a big thing in Scotland that we get an extra public holiday on the 2nd to get over it. Here's what we're up to.
- •Ate S'mores Pop Tarts for breakfastMy sister is visiting so we're eating as many fun foods as we can find. These are quite nice.
- •Started my domain transfer and set 8000 image files to uploadI'm moving my most popular/successful website to new hosting over the holidays. IT'S STRESSFUL.
- •Went into Glasgow to wander around the shopsI bought this wreath in the sale and a new pizza baking tray.
- •Had Mexican for lunch and caught another Christmas PikachuAnd a Charmander!
- •Checked out this kawaii / anime storeGiant Totoro!
- •Went to see Rogue One at the IMAXFinally! The Force Awakens was awesome but this felt more like a real Star Wars film. I need to see it again.
- •Discovered all the trains home were cancelled due to problems with the overhead lines 😧And it was pouring with rain 😩
- •Got a bus to the edge of Glasgow where we could get another bus to my townAnd watched it overtake us while the bus driver was stopped chatting to his replacement 😩😩😩
- •Miraculously it was still waiting when we arrived!It was totally packed and we were the second last people allowed on. It took forever but at least we got home.
- •Cooked a lot of mini finger foodsChicken katsu kievs! Mini bean burritos! Tiny toasties! Macaroni cheese bites! I had mini beef wellingtons too but I forgot to defrost them.
- •Caught up on Christmas Doctor WhoPretty good, kind of silly, not very festive.
- •Ate some ridiculous ice creamThis was my choice. My sister got speculoos!
- •It's almost 11pm and this is my viewHalf watching Harry Potter and catching up on li.st
- •Will keep you posted...
- •It's 11:30 and we're watching/mocking the most Scottish Hogmanay countdown show which is Lorraine Kelly on a boat in Dundee with Judy MurrayI'm getting the alcohol.
- •Japanese plum wine and my New Year cups!We picked a cup randomly and I got Happiness and my sister has Luckiness. Let's hope that's what 2017 has in store.
- •Happy New Year!