[🗣] HOW NOT TO PRONOUNCE MY FIRST NAME
Inspired by @solena. I'm so glad my surname is Smith.
- •Officially correct: MAR-SE-LEEN-EHBut only my mum, my Dutch relations and various Europeans can pronounce this properly. It's like all those Scandi-drama characters: Katrine, Hanne etc.
- •100% acceptable: MAR-SE-LEENThis is what I tell people and what the rest of my family call me. I presume this is also how it's pronounced in Adventure Time but I refuse to watch it after being harassed by fans.
- •Nope: MAR-SA-LEEN-AHUghhhh. This is why I go with the above.
- •Nope: MAR-SHA-LEEN
- •Nope: MAR-SE-LYNE
- •Nope: MARK-A-LYNE
- •Nope: I'LL JUST CALL YOU MARCIEThis is even usually in emails. People are so lazy. I actually prefer Marcy, or my super cool nickname mar-c
- •Bonus: MarcekubeHow I misspell my own name when touch typing. It's like one letter off.