How to live life the Delgatie Castle way
This is my new plan for the future
- •Find a picturesque location to live inFirst impressions count!
- •Add some picturesque out buildingsA water mill, an ice house, that sort of thing.
- •Surround yourself with wildflowers
- •If you can't afford to look smart, look picturesqueThe more flowers there are, the less anyone will notice anything else
- •Get a herd of Li'l Sebastians
- •Friendly ones
- •Put some unicorns at the front doorAlso a suit of armour made of silver painted plant pots
- •In fact, put statues everywhere
- •Have some proverbs painted on the ceilingPreferably by Victorians
- •Decorate with your favourite thingse.g. grand piano, several portraits of royalty (including your house guest Mary, Queen of Scots), a fender gifted to you by the Czar of Russia, many four poster beds, lots of Spode dinnerware.
- •Pile up old books on every surfaceOne is England and Wales: to Illustrate the Military Condition
- •Don't forget an incongruous collection of doll houses from ye olde times up until the 1970s
- •Did I mention cake yet?