Japan Trip 2016: Day 16 Highlights
- •Took the train to KichijojiIt's been bumped off our itinerary twice so good to finally get there.
- •Did some shopping in the huge Yuzawaya craft storeI used to buy so much fabric in Japan but I haven't used enough of it to justify buying more.
- •Instead I got a tiny pom pom maker, a bunny pincushion kit, a sashiko sewing pattern and a stamp carving kit.New projects! I did not buy these needle felting kits, despite how cute they are.
- •Had a picnic lunch in Inokashira ParkLook at the perfectly framed view from my bench.
- •I had a kare panIt's curry wrapped in dough covered in breadcrumbs and deep fried. I want another one!
- •Found one of the special Muji Cafe & Meal storesThey sell all kinds of food and drinks in packets. I got some noodles, risotto and cheese biscuits to try.
- •Stopped off at Nakano BroadwayIt's a shopping centre for collectors. There are hundreds of display cases crammed full of secondhand toys, figurines, trading cards etc. Really fun to wander around.
- •I've been told I'm not eating enough cake so I bought this from Ginza Cozy CornerThey packed it with a tiny ice pack to keep it cool. It was super good - the thin layers are crepes.
- •Back at the hotel I unpacked everything I've bought on this trip to pack it all up betterIt was kind of ridiculous but also awesome.
- •I went for a little walk around my neighbourhoodIt's really quite pretty for a business district.