Japan Trip 2016: Day 17 Highlights
Gardens! Rollercoasters! Fancy KitKats!
- •Had breakfast in MarunouchiI ended up in Starbucks but that's my first western meal since I got here so I'm not apologising.
- •Changed my plans and went to Koishikawa KorakuenIt was so hot I just wanted to walk around a nice garden
- •I'm really glad I did!It's really beautiful
- •I've walked hopefully past a few Iris gardens this month and finally one was bloomingI realised later, this is almost exactly the photo on the front of their brochure.
- •Wandered over to Tokyo Dome CityIt was totally mobbed. I visited once before with my sister and we went on that ferris wheel.
- •Yes, the rollercoaster goes through the ferris wheel!And through a building!
- •Randomly saw a performance by Babyraids, an idol group (with a terrible name)They had people employed to hold up 'no photos' signs.
- •Wandered around Roppongi and Ginza for a couple of hours with nothing to show for itI did see this pretty artwork at Ginza station
- •Bought some fancy KitKats
- •Tried out my instant risotto meal from MujiIt was pretty good. I'd say they should introduce the food in UK stores, but the last Muji in Scotland closed down years ago 😕
- •If you're on Instagram, we're doing Day in the Life tomorrowSo you can watch my day in real time. I'm marcelinesmith there and the hashtag is IGdayinthelife if you want to join in (please do!)