Japan Trip 2016: Day 9 Highlights
🚅 Rail Pass week begins!
- •Got up early and took the Shinkansen to KobeNo sign of Mt Fuji sadly. It was very hazy.
- •Discovered all the coin lockers were out of action for a week because of "security" (presumably due to Obama's upcoming visit) so I had to cancel my plan to go up the ropeway to see the herb garden.Booooo! I just looked at Kobe out of a window while waiting for the next train
- •Arrived in Hiroshima and got the tram to my hotelI love cities with trams. I forgot to take any photos myself
- •Except Google maps had the wrong location and my hotel was two stops further 😩It was also ridiculously hot
- •Spent the afternoon at the Peace ParkIt's very affecting. Taking photos feels a bit wrong.
- •The museum was horrifyingAt home, I live next to the UK nuclear submarine base and I wish all the people who vote to keep it could be teleported here.
- •I cheered myself up with mango gelato
- •Wandered back through the shopping arcade
- •The cafe at Tokyu Hands was cute so I decided to stay for dinnerI've never had taco rice before. It was really good!
- •I also found a different set of Neko Atsume gashapon figurinesBut it was almost empty and I didn't get Sassy Fran or Guy Furry. I hope I see another one.
- •Miyajima tomorrow ⛩