Let me show you my book-themed hotel room 📚
I stayed at Hotel Indigo in Edinburgh and it was so cool!
- •The hotel walls are covered in portraits of creative Scots
- •Even the room numbers are made of books
- •Wall of books
- •Close upThe spines have been chopped off to an inch and then glued together. Generally I am against destroying old books but these are ugly editions of mostly public domain works that used to clog up charity shops.
- •The lamps are made of old typewriters!And the furniture from old reference drawers. These did not open, which was a little disappointing.
- •Writing desk
- •Yes, that's a working olde tyme telephone.But with buttons not a rotary dial
- •Not book-themed but I loved this little hinged torch by the bed.
- •All the rooms are decorated in the same style but maybe named for different writers?(This is a table if not obvious)
- •I was impressed with all the free snacks
- •More free snacks!
- •View from the windowThat is the main train station literally across the road - such a great location.
- •I definitely recommend it. It's pretty good value for a nice hotel and also has a huge fancy bathroom with Aveda toiletries and good, though expensive, breakfast. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟