MAKING AN OEKAKI KYAN LAND JAPANESE CANDY KIT
I run the Super Cute Kawaii blog and often get sent crazy Japanese candy to review. Here's one of the kits I made this weekend.
- •Here's the kit I'm making.
- •This is what's inside
- •These are all the instructions I have, plus some diagrams on the packaging. You can look up videos but I like to try and figure it out myself for added amusement.
- •The candy is like polymer clay but sticky. You just press it into the tray.
- •And then carefully push out the pieces. This kit has a planet, shooting star, robot and dolphin!
- •You get primary coloured sugar powder which you mix with water to create any colours you like.
- •The water measure and stirrers are part of the plastic tray and you just cut them off - clever!
- •They are kind of hard to use though. It's basically like flooding icing into each area but with a bendy plastic toothpick.
- •All done! Quite proud of that robot tbh 🤖
- •How do they taste? As with 99% of these kits, like sugary bubblegum. They're always more fun to make than eat.
- •This is by far my most successful attempt at a candy kit! Usually they turn out an embarrassing mess, but that's another list.
- •If you want to try some of these kits, check out tofucute.com, jlist.com or blippo.com. There's lots more reviews at supercutekawaii.com too.