MY FAVORITE MUSIC ARTISTS OF ALL TIME
Thanks for the request (and I think for being the person who's requested the most lists from me!) @veshecco. I stuck to ten and it was hard!
- •The Yummy FurAlways instantly take me back to the heyday of Glasgow's lo-fi indie scene when everyone was in a band or ran a label or wrote a zine and it felt like the most creative supportive place in the world. I missed seeing them live so many times in so many ridiculous ways but they reformed for a gig ON MY BIRTHDAY with bis. And yes, everyone was there. It was amazing.
- •Annie (from Norway)Just perfect electronic pop music collaborating with awesome producer Richard X
- •Huggy Bear❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Changed my entire life as a teenager. They introduced me to politics, feminism, zines and doing it yourself. They also burned out really fast and never did anything else so stayed perfect forever.
- •CapsuleJapanese duo that is basically the personal musical whims of superstar producer Nakata Yasutaka. Thus they do everything from lounge pop to hardcore techno while looking super cool.
- •ErrorsThey started as a great little electronic band that my band played with a lot and then they went off and wandered around the Scottish highlands for ages and got super good. There's nothing better to listen to on a train journey across Scotland.
- •Saint EtienneNostalgia for a Britain that never really existed in the form of pop music.
- •bisMore lo-fi Glasgow indie pop but bis were so fun and sparkly. Inspired a whole new generation of zinesters too.
- •Pet Shop BoysOne of the first bands I ever liked and I still love them. They care about pop music so much and always make an effort.
- •PerfumeJapanese electropop trio whose matching outfits, dance routines and insane computerised live performances keep them high on my list despite their music's ever increasing dips into mediocrity. Their middle era is perfection.
- •MogwaiReasons in the form of a list: The band I have seen live the most - I think 16 times? So loud I once lost my hearing in one ear for two days. Completely hilarious to be around and still remember everyone from the old days. Every album is better than the last one. Totally Glasgow. Once took us all to the Isle of Bute on buses to play in a town hall. Have a twitter account reviewing all the hotels they stay at. Stuart is the same height as me and knows the best viewpoints in every Glasgow venue.