MY FAVORITE SONGS WITH LOVE IN THE TITLE
Sorry for changing it @veshecco but I don't really pay attention to lyrics and couldn't tell you what any of my favourite songs are about. I'm such a romantic that I got iTunes to pick these via a smart playlist ordered by play count 💔
- 1.Write About Love - Belle and SebastianThe one with a pre-fame Carey Mulligan. I used to share a flat with two well known members of the infamous B&S email group so I'll always have a soft spot for them.
- 2.Give Me Your Love - FlorrieI don't know anything about Florrie except that she's produced by Xenomania who deserve knighthoods for services to British pop music.
- 3.My Love Is Better - AnnieNorwegian electropop genius
- 4.Only Love Can Break Your Heart - Saint EtienneHas anyone made a list of cover versions that are better than the original? Controversial.
- 5.Close To Love - Girls AloudXenomania again. Their songs always have the most unexpected arrangements and this has a brilliantly ridiculous rap at the end.
- 6.Magic of Love - PerfumeBest girl group ever? Also probably controversial. This is a great video.
- 7.For Love - LushI think this is actually my favourite song of theirs and not just one that is possibly about love.
- 8.Love, Love, Love - The OrganUnderrated Canadian all-female 80s indie style band who my band were lucky enough to support once.
- 9.Love Ballad For The Cold Robot - Hookers Green No.1One for @listbot. These guys should have sold more records and more tiny indie bands should have a brass section.
- 10.America - What Time Is Love? - The KLFTopical