My favourite art supplies 🎨
Stuff I use a lot
- •Pentel sign pensFor general writing. So happy to finally have the full set of colours 🌈
- •Favourite pens and pencilsL-R: drawing pen, adorable Sumikko Gurashi mechanical pencil (mostly for photos), Rilakkuma pencil, pop-up Sharpie
- •Coloured pencils - mostly Durer, sorry Caran D'achePencil sharpeners are for losers - a knife is much better.
- •RubbersI bought the putty rubber recently and had forgotten how totally amazing they are.
- •ToolsThose were my mum's sewing scissors until us kids ruined them with paper but they've had a long life. My Stanley knife from art school. Life-changing paper folder - I need to buy a sturdier one.
- •GlueThat Gutermann glue is my secret weapon - it's better than any superglue. Pritt Stick for paper crafts and my lifelong favourite Marvin Medium (best glue name ever)
- •TapeDouble sided, Magic, Deco, Washi
- •Metal rulerI have no idea where I got this but it's perfect.
- •WatercoloursMy dad bought me these when I went to college age 16 and they're still going strong.
- •Kuretake paintsThese are the most beautiful paints! They're like a cross between watercolour and gouache and come in the best colours including metallics. My dad got me these too, for Christmas.
- •Paint brushesCheap ones because I don't look after them very well.