My favourite artists/makers/shops to buy from if you're looking for gifts 🎄🎁
Great request, @solena! The holidays are a really important time to support makers and local shops and make sure they can afford to stay open next year.
- •Hannah Zakari - hz.co.ukEdinburgh based shop that does a great job of curating all the best indie designers from around the world. Always good for inspiration.
- •Present and Correct - presentandcorrect.comFor stationery nerds. Perfect for people who are impossible to buy for.
- •Hey Chickadee - heychickadee.comHome of Pusheen! And other cool artists. Did you know Pusheen is my boss? I do web stuff for her and she sends me Christmas presents 🎁
- •Keep Co - keepcoceramics.comMy friend Jen's amazing ceramics collaboration. If she was still in Scotland I would buy them for everyone but she's in Canada just now.
- •Yoyo the Ricecorpse - yoyothericecorpse.etsy.comShe mostly makes animations using photography and illustration but also sells zines, pins, clothing and more.
- •Deth P Sun - dethpsun.etsy.comEverything he makes is awesome but zines in particular are a great value way to introduce friends to new artists.
- •Of course. Look at these new pins! Fun fact: Susie's shop is the 14th Etsy shop I ever favourited back in 2007! And yet I don't own anything myself as I always just buy gifts 😭
- •PataPri - patapri.etsy.comLovely hand printed Japanese towels, blankets and more.
- •Woah There Pickle - woahtherepickle.etsy.comHand printed lino cuts. I love the manhole cover and coin series - great gifts for travelers.
- •Tasty Peach Studios - tastypeachstudios.comAdorable plush toys, clothing, stationery etc. Everyone needs a Meowchi (or okay there are puppies now too)
- •The Pink Samurai - thepinksamurai.comCats! Magical glitter Christmas tree cats!
- •M.Autio - mautio.etsy.comDon't go here if you like stickers. They have thousands and they're all quite cheap with affordable shipping and you'll never resist. This guy is one of my favourites.
- •Tofu Cute - tofucute.comEverything kawaii from a little pink shop in Portsmouth. They only sell authentic licensed Japanese products and snacks unlike a lot bigger sites plus they have a lot of affordable little things for stocking fillers.
- •Obviously there are loads more and I might add to this later when I realise what I forgot to include.You can browse all my favourite Etsy shops at www.etsy.com/uk/people/askingfortrouble/favorites