My journey to Iona
Iona is only 68 miles away but you have to go the long way around.
- •8:20 - walk to the stationIt's a lovely day!
- •The secondary station is quite a walk up a steep hill all the way 😪This is one of the main roads out of town
- •8:40 - At Helensburgh UpperOnly one track. I feel like a steam train will come chugging up.
- •9:10 - on the trainYou can see why I moved to this area
- •The scenery is unbelievableLook up Loch Awe. I was too busy going 😳 to take a photo.
- •10:14 - CrianlarichThe train divides here and the other half goes to Mallaig for Skye
- •11:30 - ObanLooking stunning in the sunshine. I really should visit more often.
- •Just time to grab a sandwich and get on one of these
- •12:30 - ferry to the Isle of MullDuart Castle there. It was a very smooth sailing.
- •13:30 - bus to FionnphortYes I did look up the pronunciation so the bus driver wouldn't laugh at me (it's fin-a-fort)
- •14:40 - FionnphortGetting wilder
- •15:00 - Iona!It's so beautiful here. The ferry rolled around like a rollercoaster but we made it.
- •It's now pouring rain and blowing a gale so I may be here some time.