My little business is 9 years old! 🎉
I started Asking For Trouble back in 2007 when I got diagnosed with RSI and it's still the most fun part of my life. Here's the most memorable product from each year.
- •2007 - Japanese fabric pursesI hand-stitched every one including piping around the edges. Some were on display at the National Museum of Scotland one Christmas!
- •2008 - I Love Buttons bagWho else has a huge collection of vintage buttons? I drew my favourites and used my Japanese gocco printer to make these bags.
- •2009 - Book HeartsMetal bookmarks decorated with washi paper. People went mad for these. I sold kits and everything.
- •2010 - Sew Cute rain bootsThe most surreal part of my career - being asked to design some signature rain boots! Like literally, they have my name all over the lining. You can still get these from Plueys.
- •2011 - 5 Year DiaryStandard 5 year diaries are really boring so I designed my own. I've been filling mine in for just over 5 years now and it's so fun seeing what I was doing on the same day years ago. This reminds me I need to design the 2017 edition soon...
- •2012 - Look AroundNot a product but a set of characters. They changed my business and gave me a recognisable style. Simplifying things into circles is so fun to do. The coin purses are a collaboration with my mum!
- •2013 - Little Ghost broochI made these on a whim and they're now one of my best sellers. I've made a few seasonal variations including glitter, cotton candy and glow in the dark 👻
- •2014 - Meal Planner & Shopping List magnetic notepadsThese are my bread and butter at the moment. Useful and cute! It's funny thinking of all the fridges they're decorating around the world.
- •2015 - Gift WrapWrapping paper takes up so much space! I love designing repeat patterns though.
- •2016 - Mt Fuji enamel pinI finally jumped on the bandwagon this month with my first enamel pin and I've already ordered another design. Getting my characters to work in new formats keeps things interesting.
- •I'm so glad I've been blogging the entire time so I can look back on it all.I need to think of something exciting to do for my tenth anniversary.
- •If you like anything, here's a special discount only for li.st users!20% off any order with the code ILOVELIST and you must include your username in the notes box so I can read your lists! Works until the end of the year so use it as many times as you like. Link in profile!