Things I'm into this month - February 2017
And a couple from January because I swithered too long about whether to do a rolling list instead.
- •The Big Painting ChallengeTurns out this isn't a Bake Off spin off and so misleading that they've had to change the format a lot. This means new presenters (still pointless), an extra judge (too nice), a public vote (NOOOO!) and mentors. The mentors are brilliant and just like my art school tutors - partly supportive and partly bullying you to try new scary things. It's much more interesting now seeing which contestants grow and make better art and which lapse back into what they find easy.
- •The Great Pottery Throw DownStill amazing - ceramics is so fun to watch. I also like that they've been getting rid of all the annoying contestants first, unlike last year.
- •OJ: Made in AmericaIt's a pretty big time investment but totally worth it.
- •Adobe Sketch for iPadI hated Sketch at first but decided to give it another go and now I love it. The brushes are very realistic and you can do proper watercolour effects.
- •Neko BoxI get sent a lot of subscription boxes to review and this is one of my favourites ever as it was all stuff I would buy myself. The box I reviewed was Mt Fuji themed and full of ceramics, stationery, textiles and more, all from Japan. The sake cup is so clever 🗻
- •Pet Shop BoysOne of the first concerts I went to was Pet Shop Boys at Glasgow SECC (in 1989!). It was cool to see them again in the same place so many years later. As always, they put on a great show with lasers and projections and ridiculous headgear.
- •Sumikko Gurashi bento rangeOnigiri with faces are one of my weaknesses, as are kawaii hot dog octopi, so I am completely sold on this and need it all.
- •SchinakoJapanese artist on Tumblr who loves bunnies 🐰✏️