Things I'm into this month - July 2016
Because I haven't watched enough TV for my usual monthly list. Books to come.
- •BananyaCompletely bonkers 3 minute anime series about a group of cat/banana hybrids. I can't even explain how great this is. Streaming on Crunchyroll.
- •Space BrothersAfter 99 episodes I am finally done! Though the manga is still going so hopefully they will make more. This tale of two brother astronauts is so affecting and is full of real life space training exercises in Japan, Russia and the US. Might make my top ten TV series ever. Streaming on Crunchyroll.
- •Picross e6I love Picross and have zipped through most of the puzzles in a couple of weeks. I even finally enjoy Mega Picross where the numbers span two rows.
- •FugaziDischord Records just put their entire catalogue up for streaming at Bandcamp. I still don't have a proper setup for listening to my vinyl records so this is great. Fugazi were pretty life-changing for me and all their albums still sound awesome.
- •SashikoAs mentioned here: Adventures in hand sewing. I finished my bunny, almost finished a second kit and have my own design prepped.
- •Fire TV stickI can watch BBC iPlayer on my TV! I know, I was living in the dark ages. I just rejoined Netflix and apparently it's been so long they gave me another free trial. So much to catch up on!
- •Melon and Grape giant PockyWhy are these only available as giant sticks? They're so good and not artificial tasting
- •Norimaki senbeiI finished reviewing my last Japanese snack box and these were a great find. Nicely sticky and savoury with a good crunch. You can get them from japancentre.com
- •My citrus plates from PaperchaseIt may not feel much like summer here but they're helping me pretend. (Potholders made by my mum!)
- •The WaverleyThe last seagoing paddle steamer in the world stops at my town twice a week during the summer and everyone goes to watch it arrive. When it leaves everyone on and off board waves like it's the Titanic. It's the best.