THINGS I USE SO OFTEN I FORGET THEY'RE NOT REALLY MINE.
They say possession is nine tenths of the law
- •HairdryerIf the previous tenants at 148 had come back and asked for the hairdryer they left, I'd have made them take all those random bricks too.
- •Set of IKEA knivesIf it's not listed on the inventory, it's fair game.
- •HammerThe previous owner of our flat left an entire workshop of tools, presumably to fix all his bodged DIY.
- •Plastic binI liked the bin in one of my rented bedrooms better than mine so I switched them when I left.
- •Knife, fork and spoonI took these from my dad's cutlery drawer when I left for art school and I still use them 20 years later.
- •ANA teaspoonPocketed during my third flight to Japan. If I get a plastic teaspoon next time, I'm going to feel guilty.
- •Coffee cupThe coffee cups in my art school canteen were the perfect size and shape and it's not like they were going to sell me one.