Things I've been into this month - June 2017
- •Japan season on BBC4This has been 100% awesome. A four part series on Japanese art in nature, architecture etc. It was a thinly-disguised excuse for the presenter to go to Japan and see all his favourite artworks in person, thus brilliant and enthusiastic. Also a fascinating and lovely 3 part series on how kimonos, ceramics and samurai swords are still made in the traditional way. And a Hokusai documentary 🌊
- •Saint Etienne - Home CountiesAs always they manage to sound both nostalgic and timeless. I've barely been listening to anything else since this came out. It takes a few listens to sink in but I love that it's a complete album and I never feel like skipping tracks.
- •GirlsTwo seasons behind, as always, and once again forgetting how funny this show is. Shoshanna in Japan was really fun too.
- •Silicon ValleyAlso two seasons behind - why do HBO wait a whole year to release the DVDs? This is still hilarious but also kind of wearying. Jared continues to be the best thing about this ❤️
- •Doctor Who😭🤖😭🤖😭🤖😭🤖😭 This has been my favourite season ever and the only time I've ever resisted a regeneration. I don't want them to go! Is it Christmas yet?
- •Ritter SportMy local supermarket had some on clearance and then I ordered some from Germany and I definitely need to do a list once I've tried them.
- •My new hatIsn't it CUTE?! I've been looking for a summer hat for ages and this is perfect.
- •Hello Kitty x JawsI thought I was done being surprised by Hello Kitty but I never expected this collaboration. Exclusive to Universal Studios Orlando - please get me something if you go.