TIMES I FELT LIKE A ROCK STAR WHEN I WAS IN A NOT VERY SUCCESSFUL BAND
Since most of it was rehearsing/arguing in my bandmate's bedroom and being patronised by sound guys.
- •When I walked into a record store and they were playing our record 😎And then I ruined it by asking how it was selling and the guy was all 🙄
- •When wee Stuart Mogwai liked one of our demo tracks so much he sang it to me when we bumped into each other at a Low gig
- •When I was waiting for Mogwai to come onstage at the Barras a few years later and heard a familiar song playing through the PA and it was our demo!I guess they really did like it
- •When our first ever gig was going to be at Sonar in BarcelonaThat was an amazing two weeks until the organisers made our label pick someone people might actually want to see
- •When we would start our set with the song I didn't play on so I got to watch from the audience and then stroll onstage like that was my intro music.
- •That one time someone asked for my autograph
- •When we headlined at a venue in Aberdeen where I saw all my favourite bands play back in the dayEven though we played to about 5 people. Aberdeen is the worst.
- •Both times we played at OptimoOptimo is a super cool club in Glasgow that we would never have had a chance at except they were also our label bosses. Hurray for nepotism!
- •You can listen at https://uter.bandcamp.com/ if you're interested but I was just really in the live band so I only play on a couple of songsPlease also note I had nothing to do with the band name or song titles...