Vegetables I've cooked in my new steamer, ranked
I bought a steamer recently to make it easier for me to eat more vegetables and I'm liking it a lot. What else should I try?
- 5.Green beansMuch nicer than the frozen ones I occasionally throw in soup.
- 4.Tenderstem broccoliAlready a favourite but even easier to cook.
- 3.Brussels sproutsGot these on a whim at the weekend and they were perfect.
- 2.Bell peppersThe main reason I got a steamer as I always steam some when I make a batch of Japanese rice in my rice cooker but that isn't very often. They go so sweet and juicy.
- 1.New potatoesA revelation! Takes a lot longer than boiling but you can't really overcook them and they taste amazing.