Top Movies in 2015
I only saw 10 movies that came out last year, which makes for a perfect top 10 list! This is one of the only years I really did like everything I saw, so it was harder to rank than when there are clunkers. Here goes...
- •RoomThe emotion. The anxiety. The little boy! I'm just mad the trailer gave everything away ahead of time.
- •Inside OutOk, I admit I thought this was just a kids' movie when I saw it. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized just how genius it really is.
- •AmySuch a tragic story that I was equally fascinated with when she was alive. I'm also a sucker for music docs, and this was very well done.
- •DopeBest style, best music, and I loved the mix of comedy and drama in the story. A++++
- •Mad maxVisually stunning but lacked a real plot. The energy and some good underlying messages (feminism, climate change) made up for it.
- •Beasts of no nationSad and depressing, but Netflix really impressed with this one. The young actors (& idris elba) were masterful.
- •While we're youngThis one hit a little close to home. Which both irritated me and had me in stitches. Overall fun flick.
- •TrainwreckAmy schumer is my hero. Bill hader is adorable. I thought this was hilarious and cute and all that, but a little too predictable?
- •WolfpackKnowing the filmmaker from way back, I had really high expectations. Maybe too high? And while I thought it was a very well-made doc on a fascinating topic, I think the other films of the year just had an edge. Still- great job Crystal!
- •SpySaw this on a plane with all the curses taken out, so this isn't all that fair. Ridiculous and funny, it's one of those movies you'll watch whenever it's on tv. Hopefully with profanity.