Books I Read in April
- •Cress by Marissa Meyer (Lunar Chronicles #3) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️I thought this was a really well-done series. The characters are interesting and the stories are unique.
- •The Day of the Storm by Rosamunde Pilcher ⭐️⭐️⭐️I've loved several of Pilcher's books, but this one wasn't high on my list. Although beautifully written, I was NOT invested in the love story. And are we really supposed to root for her to hook up with one of her cousins?
- •Winter by Marissa Meyer (Lunar Chronicles #4) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Probably my least favorite of the series because it was 800 PAGES LONG. Woof. It was a bit of a chore but I still liked it enough to give it four stars, so...
- •Summerlost by Ally Condie ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️A sweet, simple read that I probably wouldn't have rated as high if it didn't make me cry right at the end. I shouldn't read when I'm emotional.
- •Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman ⭐️⭐️⭐️I feel like this one failed for me on the basis of its marketing. This is NOT a pre-story of the pirate Blackbeard. This is a love story that happens to include a guy that will later become the pirate Blackbeard (I guess?). It captured me enough that I finished, but I spent a lot of time rolling my eyes and groaning.
- •Fairest by Marissa Meyer (Lunar Chronicles #3.5) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️It was a Lunar Chronicles month for me. This was such a dark read. I thought they'd give her some redeeming qualities, but she's pretty much just a terrible person. I guess the whole "evil stepmother" name is there for a reason.