Books I Read in June & July
Slower reading months but I'm still on track to meet my Goodreads challenge.
- •The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper by Phaedra PatrickI have an affinity for books about old men in England. This is made even better by the fact that he's wearing pajama pants throughout and is trying to solve a mystery. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- •The Crown by Kiera CassI've kind of forgotten this one already, but I liked it while reading. It's probably time for this series to be done. I do love the Bachelorette-premise, but like the show, it can't go on forever (but Bachelor in Paradise can and should!) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- •It's Not Okay by Andi DorfmanJuicy but skimmable. I liked it for the gossip, but skipped over all her advice and life lessons. I have a feeling ABC edited the life out of it. ⭐️⭐️⭐️
- •One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins ReidUgh it was so wonderful. I wanted to tell everyone about it after just one chapter. Reid is such a brilliant writer with unique ideas. I can't stop thinking about this one. I don't think this is gushy enough. So good!!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- •Under the Tuscan Sun by Frances MayesI started this while in Tuscany and that may have made me love it even more. I read it slowly on purpose as it's too descriptive and beautiful for binge reading. It made me want to immediately go back to Italy and learn to cook and shop like an Italian. Beautiful! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️