My 6-year old niece's take on politics
Unprompted by anyone or anything. We were just eating Marshmallow Mateys.
- •I think my family is going to vote for Hillary.
- •You know why?
- •Because we don't need a wall.
- •The other guy wants to build a wall.
- •If he's trying to keep bad guys out, a wall won't help.
- •They'll just climb over it.
- •Or they'll steal a plane and fly over it. Or a helicopter!
- •And if Hillary wins, she'd be the first woman president and that's pretty cool.
- •Then her husband could be in second place!
- •But I'm going to miss Obama. I think he was a pretty good president.
- •—Her parents aren't super political and said they don't even remember saying things like this around her. So if a 6-year old gets it, why doesn't everyone else?