My Favorite Reads of 2015
- •The 7th Flavia de Luce bookOne of my favorite characters in literature.
- •Roald DahlI (re)read almost all of his books this year. I love him. I also highly recommend his two autobiographies. He led a fascinating life.
- •The Rent CollectorI reluctantly read this for book club and loved it. An amazing story of overcoming dire circumstances and the power of reading!
- •Maisie DobbsStrong lady detective in the 1920s. Reminded me of my love for mysteries and England. I'm now on book five in the series.
- •The Blue CastleWhy are people wasting their time with Anne of Green Gables when this book exists? Kidding, I love Anne, but this book won my heart. Please read it now. I plan to gift it to everyone I have ever known.
- •PersepolisMy first graphic novel. A powerful story that I didn't know much about. It was the perfect format for a tragic story.
- •Liar & Spy + First Light + Goodbye StrangerI'm in love with Rebecca Stead's children and YA novels. Unpredictable and lovely.
- •The Magic Strings of Frankie PrestoI will immediately buy anything by Mitch Albom. He once called me "tall". It's just a statement of fact, but I hold it dear.
- •We Should All be FeministsA great TED talk. Really fascinating points that really made me think. Should be read by everyone.