Things I Learned in Church Today That Can Apply to Everyone, No Matter Your Beliefs
Twice a year my church (LDS/Mormon) has a two-day conference where we hear from our leaders. You can watch it online at LDS.org and it's always the kind of event that leaves me feeling happy and ready to do better.
- •Those who lose themselves in service to others grow and flourish.
- •We *need* to serve others. Put away the mirrors and look out the window.
- •The first person we need to build up is ourselves.We have to love ourselves to truly love others.
- •Love is making space in your life for someone else.
- •Be of good cheer and do not fear!
- •The best immersion learning is in the home.
- •When difficult things occur, what is our immediate reaction? It should not be to doubt our faith or blame God or others.
- •Mercy cannot rob justice.We need to forgive and let others (God) take care of the punishment.
- •In the competition of life, if we win, let us win with grace. If we lose, let us lose with grace.
- •We need to be more thoughtful and sensitive to differences in families, beliefs, and cultures.
- •Knowing someone's name could make a difference.
- •We must not delay going to the rescue.Don't deliberate whether to help someone so long that you miss the opportunity to save them.
- •Our present circumstances may not change, but through God's compassion, kindness, and love, we will all receive more than we deserve.Okay so this one requires a belief in God, but it's what I needed to hear most today and maybe someone else will benefit as well.